Posted by Cara on 9/30/2008 8:37 PM | Comments (2)

We are chugging along over in the Wood household. It's not that we have not been busy, but it is just the same old routine stuff which usually doesn't make for interesting blogging.

Here's the rundown:

~Miguel is super busy at work...working late trying to play catch up before William's debut

~Sweetie flew in for the weekend for a quick visit

~I had a trip to the dentist for 4 fillings...fun. fun. fun.

~I am the very excited owner of a new washer and dryer

~Miguelito's new favorite phrase is "What's that?"

Posted by Cara on 9/24/2008 1:24 PM | Comments (2)

We are 36 weeks and making great progress! The exciting update is I am dilated to 2cm, 50% effaced and William is head down hanging out around a -3 station. He is not engaged yet, but I am hoping if I spend some time on my birthing ball (aka exercise ball) that he will drop. We had a sonogram and he was not in a photogenic mood today. He kept his back to us with his face towards my spine and he has a foot underneath the right side of my ribcage. According to the ultrasound, he is estimated to be about 6 pounds 11ounces and 19 1/4 inches long as of today. My BP is great even though I am quite swollen now. I have once a week appointments now, so here's hoping there is more progress next week!

Posted by Cara on 9/22/2008 9:07 PM | Comments (4)

Miguel was awarded the 2008 Microsoft CPLS (Certified Partner for Learning Solutions) Engagement Program Top Instructor Award for SharePoint. His evaluation score was 8.96 out of 9.0, which is absolutely incredible! Congratulations, Miguel, you rock!

Posted by Cara on 9/22/2008 8:45 PM | Comments (8)

Miguel and I met up with friends for Mommy and Me Monday at the Dallas Arboretum and our yearly pumpkin photos. Miguel thought the pumpkins were quite interesting and he had a blast rolling them off of the haystacks.

Yum! Can I eat this orange thing, Mommy!

Yuck! Be gone, pumpkin!

I see the camera, Mommy!

Umm, Mommy, you wedged me in the pumpkins and now I can't move.

I could just eat that thigh!

The best part of the day...banging on the metal sign with his buddy, Bobby.

Posted by Cara on 9/22/2008 8:28 PM | Comments (2)

The weather was gorgeous last week so Miguel and I decided to meet a few of our Uptown Mommy and baby/toddler friends to ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley and have lunch in West Village. We live about a mile from West Village and the "coolness" of urban living. ;)

Playing Peek-a-boo with Harry while waiting at Starbucks for the Trolley

Peek-a-boo, I see you, Mommy!

Riding the Trolley with his girlfriend, BB

Striking a pose

Posted by Cara on 9/20/2008 11:00 PM | Comments (1)

My sister in-law, Candice, makes the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I have no idea where the recipe came from, but they are delicious. Miguel numero uno loves oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so I decided to try my hand at making her recipe. She neglected to tell me the recipe makes a zillion (not really, but you know what I mean) cookies, but that's okay because you can't eat just one!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups butter
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
5 cups blended old-fashioned oatmeal
24 oz. chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli jumbo milk chocolate chips)
1-8oz. Hershey bar grated (optional - I rarely use)
3 cups chopped nuts (optional)

Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla.  Mix in separate bowl the flour, salt baking powder, and baking soda.  Mix wet with dry then slowly add oats and chips and optional items. Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees, or until barely golden.

Posted by Cara on 9/18/2008 2:38 PM | Comments (1)

Miguelito and I go to a Mommy and me art class each week at the Dallas Children's Museum. This week was an especially messy week, and Miguelito is not fond of wearing a smock. He likes to completely experience the art activity, including painting himself. (see photos below) We made a book of Textured Salamanders, and, man, did Miguelito dig it.

There were three different stations set up and at each one we experienced different textures. The first station was finger painting with glitter paint on a table covered in bubble wrap then we put our salamander cut out on our finger painting and very scientifically "mooshed" it. The second salamander station was painting with colored glue and adhering wax paper to the salamander...it was by far Miguel's favorite station and poor Ms Margie, our teacher, had to go cut more wax paper squares because Miguel insisted on using all of them leaving none for our classmates. The third station was more glue painting, but then Miguel got to dump colored sand onto the sticky salamander.  At the end of the class we stapled all three salamanders together to make a book.

I have not attempted to take photos of Miguelito at art class because that would require me to have two more hands, but from the photos below you can see Miguelito had a VERY good time.

Miguel has been working on putting on his shoes, and we are almost there. His favorite shoes to attempt to put on are his Crocs. (Check out all the paint on his clothes.)

Last week, Miguel completely mastered the game of "Where is your...nose, hair, eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, fingers, and toes." Here he is showing off his skills.

And the blog wouldn't be complete without the "I am going to meltdown if you don't let me hold the camera" photo.

Posted by Cara on 9/17/2008 11:45 PM | Comments (5)

Saturday evening as Ike was passing through Dallas leaving not much rain or wind in his wake, I was being pampered by my girlfriends at a "Spa Sprinkling" to celebrate baby William's impending arrival. I have to brag on my girlfriends...they started out as Mommy friends, but have become so much more. I am so happy to have each of them and their toddlers in my life. Miguelito loves playing with his friends and it is so cute to see them all interacting  and actually playing with one another now they are getting older.

Back to my party...it was intimate grown up affair with no little ones running around. All the Daddies were on Daddy duty for the evening, which made for some very happy Mommies. The food was delicious with the most amazing cupcakes monogrammed with a W from Society Bakery. Another Mommy friend of ours is a massage therapist, and even though she managed to keep it a secret from us (not really, but why did it take us so long to figure it out?) she came to give us massages. I was in heaven...a party with my girls, yummy food, a heavenly massage, Lush bath bomb party favors, oh and gifts too....what else could a girl ask for, seriously.

Sorry for the lack of photos from the party. I managed to get lost on the way to my friend's house due to a rather large pregnancy brain burp, and finally arrived about 20 minutes late near tears then only to forget my worries and leave my camera in my purse all evening long. Oops!

Posted by Cara on 9/11/2008 8:55 PM | Comments (12)

I bought Miguel a Cooshee Booster recently and tonight he got to use it for the first time. He was quite impressed with himself, but he quickly figured out he could stand up on it because he was not buckled in like his high chair. He is quite the dare devil...I wonder where he gets that trait from?!?!

Oh, and in case you are wondering what Miguelito is eating for dinner. He is having Twistin' Chicken and Chickadee Chickpea Cakes...both are recipes from The Toddler Cafe along with some "dip" (aka ketchup) for his chicken.

Posted by Cara on 9/10/2008 10:55 PM | Comments (7)

Holy cannoli! Before I know my family of three is going to be a family of four. Wow! Today was my OB appointment with Dr Dullye. The same routine of weight check (close your eyes and don't look), BP check (still great), pee in a cup, listen to baby William's heart rate (142 bpm) and measure my belly (measured at 35 weeks). All is well with William and Mommy.

I go back in 2 weeks and then start every week appointments. The 36 week appointment is exciting...I will have an ultrasound, GBS test and get checked to see if I am dilated. I sure hope I am dilated at least a bit since I have had some whopping Braxton Hicks contractions lately. Stay tuned for another exciting update in two weeks (hehe!).