Posted by Cara on 4/20/2009 10:40 PM | Comments (7)

Miguel, William, and I went to the Dallas Arboretum this morning to visit the Storybook Playhouses and have a picnic lunch. It was a beautiful day, and Miguel had a great time running around while William enjoyed the views from the stroller.

Miguel missed the “No Climbing” sign

Miguel adored all the letters in “The Little Prince” house

Anyone home?

Peek-a-boo I see you!

Hi happy boy!

Bye, Mommy!

Oh, Miguel, left his shiny water bottle. I. must. get. it.

I think I can.

Almost. Keep trying.

Ah, I got it!

I see you, Mommy!

Posted by Cara on 4/16/2009 8:55 PM | Comments (2)

You can’t live in Texas and raise children here and not take their photos each Spring in the bluebonnets. I heard about an awesome patch of bluebonnets not too far from our house, and was so excited to take the boys there for photos. It was quite the challenge since Miguelito wanted to run around while William did his best to scoot to the edge of his blanket and try to eat dirt. Thankfully, my friend brought M&Ms to bribe her toddler with and shared with Miguelito, so I was able to get a couple of decent photos.

And in an effort to appease Sweetie and the rest of the Baton Rouge gang, get ready for lots and lots of photos!

Posted by Cara on 4/15/2009 9:32 PM | Comments (6)

Sweet Kennedy is going to be the best babysitter EVER when she gets older. Miguel and William both fell in love with her. Miguel walked around the house calling her name all day, and William just smiled and smiled at her. After spending a few fun action packed days with our cousins in San Antonio, it makes me sad that we don’t live a bit closer.

Posted by Cara on 4/15/2009 9:26 PM | Comments (2)

Miguelito rocking out with his cousin Matthew on Aunt Candice’s piano while we were in San Antonio last week.

Posted by Cara on 4/1/2009 10:27 PM | Comments (6)

William wasn’t too sure about the mesh feeder the first time I gave it to him, but today it was a hit!

Hello, avocado, I’m going to conquer you.

Yummy!

Yummy, yummy, this avocado is really good.

Hello, avocado, are you still there?

Hey, Mommy!

Avocado painting.

My belly is full!

********

Miguelito wanted his photo taken while eating his dinner, so here’s Miguel having organic mac and cheese plus Cara Cara oranges giving me his usual “cheese” smile.

Posted by Cara on 4/1/2009 10:07 PM | Comments (6)

It took Miguelito a long time to grow hair…like he was still practically bald at 15 months old. Now, at a few days shy of 27 months old, he has grown quite a bit of hair, but he was looking pretty shaggy. I took him to Snip Its, and he happily munched on string cheese and almonds while watching a video and wearing his Superman cape, and before he knew it his first haircut was done.

I’ll stand in the chair and eat my cheese, but I’m not sitting down, thank you very much.

Okay, fine. I’ll sit. Hey, look, there is a video over there.

Work in progress.

Mouth full of cheese and almonds…keep the snacks coming, Mommy.

All done and checking out my new ‘do in the mirror.

I’m so handsome.

Posted by Cara on 4/1/2009 9:45 PM | Comments (1)

We had a few spare minutes this morning before leaving for music class so I grabbed the camera to capture my sweet boys. Miguel was so happy to pose next to William. He kept telling me, “baby, cheese” which is Miguel-ese for “Put the baby here and take a photo, Mommy.”

Posted by Cara on 4/1/2009 9:36 PM | Comments (26)

Entertaining Miguel is easy when I let him destroy the kitchen by splattering cornstarch goo everywhere. I am still cleaning up cornstarch from almost a week ago…oh, well, all in the name of fun.